Campus Dining, in partnership with Student Government, Student Activities, Student Affairs and Facilities Design and Operations, began the renovation of North Dining Hall (NDH) on Monday, October 17, 2016. Completion of the project is anticipated by the beginning of the 2017 fall semester.
The dining hall will remain open while academic classes are in session throughout the fall and spring semesters. Because of the extensive work and compressed timeline, the dining hall will be totally shut down during the University’s winter break and after final exams in May. See the detailed timeline here.
What does the North Dining Hall renovation include?
- Improvements to the existing servery design and operation
- New east building entrance and social space in south lobby
- Review and refurbishing of all major building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building envelope, etc.
- Modernization of the kitchen and supporting areas
- Renewal of the 30 year old dining room finishes
- Improvements to the Grab and Go station
- Accomodations for increasing allergen-free, vegan and other alternative menu options
- Aesthetic improvements to the east facade of the building and site improvements east of the building
- Review of accessibility for the entire building
Upcoming Adjustments to Assist our Guests
Campus Dining is working hard to alleviate any inconveniences to guests. The following changes will be implemented January 2017, when we begin phase 3 of construction.
- North Dining Hall will extend their dinner hours to match South Dining Hall's hours.
- Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday: 7:00am - 7:30pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 7:30pm
- Both dining halls will remain open continuously and offer a Late Lunch meal period between 2:00 - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday, with a selected menu.
- $250 Flex Points will be added to all on campus meal plan holders for the spring.
- Café de Grasta will be open until 8:00pm Monday - Thursday
South Dining Hall has ample space and will be utilizing both dining rooms as needed during the remodel of NDH to accommodate all guests.
Phase 3 of Construction, Beginning January 15 During this phase, the areas highlighted in orange (the north half of the dining room, Mexican serving line, F Wing, and Gold Room) will be closed. The employee entrance will be relocated and the south mezzanine may be closed.
Share Your Thoughts
Your ideas and opinions are important to us. We welcome your comments and feedback on how we can make things better or further serve you.
Need a Job?
We are growing… grow with us! Take your next step and join the Notre Dame service family.View Open Positions