Notre Dame is a place where excellence is the standard, and that includes the men and women who prepare food in Campus Dining establishments. Many of our chefs completes a three-year apprenticeship program during which they learn the entirety of the business of running a Campus Dining establishment. During this time, they move from certified cook to chef after stringent criteria are met. Moreover, as members of the American Culinary Federation, our chefs travel the region researching best practices and trends to incorporate into the operation at Campus Dining.
While we're grateful others have recognized our commitment to quality and service, our greatest source of pride is serving this great University. Below are some of the ways others have noted, it tastes better here.
- Notre Dame ranks ninth in campus food offerings (USA Today)
- Notre Dame Au Bon Pain named franchisee of the year
- Council of Chefs wins Team Irish Award
- Chef Laura Johnson featured in Food Service Director (Food Service Director)
- NDFS ice carver wins bronze at national competition
- Notre Dame team wins collegiate dining challenge
- Notre Dame number one in gluten-free dining options
- University Catering chef wins national culinary challenge
- Executive chef wins national professionalism award
Share Your Thoughts
Your ideas and opinions are important to us. We welcome your comments and feedback on how we can make things better or further serve you.
Need a Job?
We are growing… grow with us! Take your next step and join the Notre Dame service family.View Open Positions