How to Dine This Spring
- North and South Dining Halls currently offer takeout meals which may be enjoyed in their dining rooms (South Dining Hall open at 15% capacity and North Dining Hall at 20% capacity), in heated tents throughout campus, or in residence hall rooms.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside both dining halls, unless individuals are seated at the appropriately distanced chairs in the dining rooms.
- Students may take meals to tents on North Quad and South Quad, Duncan tent, or Fieldhouse tent. Dining space is also available in designated areas of Hesburgh Library, McCourtney Hall, and the Rasmus Club (8th floor) of Duncan Student Center. Meals must be eaten at a strict physical distance from other students.
- Meal options are now packaged in Mineral Filled Polypropylene (MFPP) containers that use 50% less plastic than #5 recyclables, are made in Minnesota, and transfer heat well. Containers may be placed in trash receptacles.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own reusable bags to carry containers out of the dining hall. Plastic bags are not available at the dining halls.
- Campus Dining issued reusable flatware to on-campus students and all others with a meal plan (off-campus students, graduate students, faculty and staff). Disposable flatware is not available in the dining halls.
- Additional Grab n Go services are available in NDH Marketplace and the former Pizza Pi location on the south side of South Dining Hall.
- In an effort to help keep campus clean, additional waste containers have been placed throughout campus.
- Meal Plans begin January 24th.
Opening Dining Hall Hours (1/24 - 1/29):
- SDH opens with dinner on 1/24 and NDH opens with lunch on 1/27
- Breakfast: 7 am – 9 am
- Lunch: 11 am – 2 pm
- Dinner: 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Dining Hall Hours (starting 1/30):
- Monday – Friday: 7 am – 10 am
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 10 am
- Monday – Friday: 11 am – 2:30 pm
- Saturday – Sunday: 11 am – 2 pm
- Monday – Thursday: 4:30 pm – 9 pm
- Friday – Sunday: 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Retail outlets have revised menus to reflect Grab n Go or individually plated take out food only.
- The following locations will open for takeout: all locations within LaFortune Student Center and Duncan Student Center, Au Bon Pain, Crossings, Garbanzo, Legends
- Rohr’s is open for both takeout and in-person dining (robust safety and physical distancing required).
- The following locations are closed until further notice: Café Commons, Café de Grasta, Charron Family Café, Decio Café and McCourtney Espresso Cart.
- Food orders from open outlets may be placed through the Grubhub mobile app or kiosks in Duncan Student Center, LaFortune Student Center, or the Hesburgh Center for International Studies
- The Huddle Mart does not utilize Grubhub and ordering will be consistent with past service. Physical barriers at cash registers and floor markings will ensure guests are appropriately physically distanced when in line.
Please note that Grubhub does not integrate with Starbucks or Subway loyalty programs. Thank you for your understanding.
- To set up Grubhub on your phone:
- Download the Grubhub app.
- Set up a new account.
- In settings, go to “Campus Dining”
- Enter Notre Dame as your affiliation
- Pay with any card.
- Wait times for retail outlets are available via the Grubhub app.
- Guests are encouraged to sanitize their hands when entering and exiting any retail space and practice physical distancing while inside.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside retail locations and may be removed when individuals are eating in designated areas.
- Self-service has been replaced with individually portioned and served items, including food, beverages, condiments, salad bars, utensils, napkins.
Hours of Operation
This year's hours of operation have changed for both dining halls and retail locations. Stay up to date through our website or the ND Mobile App.