Dining on campus will be different this fall. Please familiarize yourself with the policies listed below for our dining halls and retail locations. We look forward to serving you again!
- Dining in North and South Dining Halls Dining halls will begin the semester by offering take out only.
- Guests can check the capacity and wait time for both dining halls via the ND Mobile app.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside both dining halls and may be removed when individuals are eating in designated areas.
- Students will be provided two large compostable vessels and one small compostable vessel as they proceed through stations within the dining halls. Students will obtain their desired food and beverage and carry their food to another location. Plastic bags will be available.
- Housing has distributed disposable cutlery to students living in residence halls. Students may use these and only take plastic utensils if necessary.
- Self-service buffets will be replaced with individually portioned, served buffets.
- Students may take meals to tents on North Quad and South Quad, de-densified spaces within LaFortune and Duncan Student Center, the Pizza Pi patio, the concrete pads outside Duncan Student Center, other outdoor campus locations or their residence hall rooms.
- Additional Grab n Go services will be available in NDH Marketplace and the former Pizza Pi location on the south side of South Dining Hall.
- The University will phase in seating at both dining halls as the semester progresses, in accordance with state and local regulations and as University leadership deems it safe.
- In an effort to help keep campus clean, additional waste containers have been placed throughout campus.
- Retail outlets have revised menus to reflect Grab n Go or individually plated take out food only.
- Food orders from these outlets may be placed through the Grubhub mobile app or kiosks in Duncan Student Center, LaFortune Student Center, or the Hesburgh Center for International Studies.
Note: Smashburger and Star Ginger will offer both Grubhub ordering and walk up service.
- Please note that Grubhub does not integrate with Starbucks or Subway loyalty programs. Thank you for your understanding.
- To set up Grubhub on your phone:
- Download the Grubhub app.
- Set up a new account.
- In settings, go to “Campus Dining”
- Enter Notre Dame as your affiliation
- Pay with any card.
- Wait times for retail outlets will be available via the Grubhub app.
- Cafe Commons, Charron Family Commons, Crossings and the Huddle Mart do not utilize Grubhub and ordering will be consistent with past service. Physical barriers at cash registers and floor markings will ensure guests are appropriately physically distanced when in line.
- Guests will be encouraged to sanitize their hands when entering and exiting any retail space and practice physical distancing while inside.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside retail locations and may be removed when individuals are eating in designated areas.
- Self-service will be replaced with individually portioned and served items, including food, beverages, condiments, salad bars, utensils, napkins.
Hours of Operation
This year's hours of operation have changed for both dining halls and retail locations. Stay up to date through our website or the ND Mobile App.