- 1 - 4-inch hotel pan
- As needed - Oil food release spray
- 2 ¼ loaves - French bread, day-old
- 3 ¼ quarts - Half & half cream
- 2 Tbsp. - Vanilla extract
- 12 ½ oz. - Butter pieces
- 2 pounds - Light brown sugar
- 30 each - Eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups - Rum, light Bacardi
- 1 ½ - Golden seedless raisin
- Spray oil on bottom and sides of the pan.
- Cut day old bread into ½ inch cubes and fill into pan.
- Combine half & half, vanilla extract and light brown sugar into a sauce pan and scald.
- Combine eggs and rum in a bowl and beat together.
- Slowly temper cream mixture into eggs while whisking constantly to prevent eggs from curdling.
- Evenly spread raisins over bread cubes.
- Evenly ladle custard over the bread in the hotel pan drenching the bread. Let sit for 20 minutes under refrigeration.
- Bake in a 325⁰F preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes until custard passes a knife doneness test and has cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 155⁰F. Remove from oven and keep warm.