South Dining Hall
South Dining Hall is the older of the University's two dining halls, opening in 1927. It is one of the finest examples of Gothic design in the United States, its architecture reminiscent of a medieval Guild Hall.
In the early days of its operation, students dressed in coat and tie and dined family style. Today, students come as they are to take advantage of modern kitchen facilities and a food court design that blend with the building’s original murals, stone fireplaces and oak tables and chairs. Additionally, an enhanced Grab n Go location can be found on the south side of the building along with a patio ideal for outdoor dining.
Both dining halls will begin the semester by offering take out service only. Please see our list of outdoor dining locations where meals can be enjoyed.