Grab and Go
Don’t have time to sit down for a meal? We understand. That’s why we’ve designed the Grab and Go shop located in the basement of South Dining Hall. Grab and Go offers a limited variety of sandwiches, salads, drinks, munchies, and microwave snacks. These meals may replace breakfast, lunch, or dinner on your meal plan once per meal period.
If you are ill or confined to your residence hall, we can provide you with a carryout meal. Simply have a friend bring a letter from your rector or from the Student Health Center and present it to a manager in one of the dining halls. The letter must explain that you are confined to your room and must contain your ndID number. We will verify your meal plan balance and provide carryout containers so that your meal can be delivered.
Visitors to campus may purchase single meals for any meal served in the dining halls. Payment for a guest meal may be made by cash, check, student account charge, Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover), or Domer Dollars. Guest meals may be purchased at the cashier’s desk in each dining hall.
Students with Disabilities
At Campus Dining, we are ready to assist those students who have special needs, a disability, or an injury. Ramps are located at both the north and south entrances of North Dining Hall and at the front entrance of South Dining Hall. Please locate a manager should you need assistance. If you have any questions, please call South Dining Hall (574-631-6147) or North Dining Hall (574-631-6176).
Dining Hall Table Reservation Program
The dining hall table reservation program will provide the opportunity for classes, floor sections, student groups and campus departments to reserve designated tables in the dining halls to host meetings, gatherings or special observances. Through this program, groups obtain their food through the servery and be directed to one of two designated tables in each dining hall that seats 10-20 people.
Program specifics include:
• Open to all residence hall floor sections, recognized student groups, classroom sections/ study groups or University sponsored groups/offices/departments
• One hour reservation slots during each meal period
• Reservations are accepted by calling the desired dining hall and using a FOAPAL
• Reservation costs are $10 to cover the costs of administration, setup and cleanup
• Additional fees could be assessed for damage/extra cleaning and for groups that do not arrive during the reservation time slot
• Reservations are limited to one per week and requested only two weeks in advance
• Meal plan/block taps accepted
• 25% discount on meal purchase using Dept Charge or 15% using Flex/Domer Dollars.
To reserve a table, call: 634-DINE (3463)
Dining Hall Campus Community Resource Table
Throughout the course of an academic year, faculty, staff, departments and organizations offer a myriad of activities, programs, initiatives and services to students. While these offices offer programs and activities, most are not able to provide outreach and consultation except through students’ intentional visits and appointments at an office or facility. The Campus Community Resource Table in the dining halls is a program designed to permit departments, offices and organizations to go directly to the heart of the student community and provide direct access and exposure where students are. A specifically designed table/work space is in each dining hall where representatives are able to schedule office hours or drop-in appointments to be visible and available to students.
Offices, departments and organizations wishing to schedule office hours using the Campus Community Resource Table, should call the dining hall of their choice. Once confirmed, up to two representatives will be permitted access to the dining hall to meet and greet students at the identified table. Participants can expect:
• A bistro-style table with four chairs
• Signage that advertises the schedule and participating departments
• Connection to the University’s Wi-Fi (eduroam or ND-Guest)
• Electrical outlets via dedicated power strip
• Unlimited access to complementary drinks at the beverage stations
• 25% discount on meal purchase using Dept Charge or 15% using Domer Dollars
To reserve a table, call: 634-DINE (3463)
Share Your Thoughts
Your ideas and opinions are important to us. We welcome your comments and feedback on how we can make things better or further serve you.
Need a Job?
We are growing… grow with us! Take your next step and join the Notre Dame service family.View Open Positions